December 5, 2016

Nest Necklace

Tomorrow marks 4 weeks since I was told that my baby no longer had a heartbeat. Time has been passing by rather quickly. We celebrated Thanksgiving and are keeping busy with the craziness of the holiday season. Christmas shopping for Mason and Emory has been exciting but man, do I feel the pressure this year more than ever. I can't wait to see their faces light up on Christmas morning and Sean and I have been working extra diligently to ensure we are finding the right gifts for them both. They aren't quite yet old enough to write out their Christmas lists, but we try our best to listen to all the wishes they convey vocally.

A few weeks ago when it felt like my world was crashing down around me, a friend had suggested that I do something in remembrance of the baby I lost, like wearing a special necklace or planting a tree. I decided on a necklace so I could wear it and have it with me at any time. I started searching for the perfect necklace, but everything I found seemed to fall short.

One day, a comment appeared on one of my Instagram posts. It said, "You are definitely not alone here! Big hugs to you!" I appreciated her words, but I definitely felt alone...at times I still do. I clicked on her IG handle and found myself scrolling through her feed. Her name is Rachelle, she is the founder of Rachelle-isms and designs custom jewelry to encourage mothers to share their unique stories. Some designs are focused on remembrance and loss, but not all. Her efforts stem from her own losses...is there anything more inspiring? I fell in love with her passion for lifting up other women who are suffering silently, as well as her designs.

Rachelle and I worked together effortlessly over email to design a custom necklace so I could share my story. When the necklace arrived, I was extremely impressed. Rachelle takes care to add careful attention to detail from her outer packaging, down to the piece of jewelry. I've gotten numerous compliments on my necklace and it encourges me to share my story, even if it's just a small snapshot. By doing so, I am keeping the memory of my lost babies alive and in the process my hope is that I may even inspire other women to do the same.








The two turquoise beads represent Mason + Emory.
The two pearl beads represent the pregnancies I lost (1 chemical, 1 miscarriage).
Photo courtesy of Rachelle Spencer | insta: @rachelle.isms | Etsy shop | website

The Swallow is symbolic of carrying the souls of unborn children.
Photo courtesy of Rachelle Spencer | insta: @rachelle.isms | Etsy shop | website

This charm lays flat behind the nest.
Listed are: Mason + Emory's birthdays, the date of my chemical pregnancy and the date of my D&C.
Photo courtesy of Rachelle Spencer | insta: @rachelle.isms | Etsy shop | website


 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment